OEM Part #01720002
- 350W, 120VAC, ~41 Ω
- Includes heater mounting strap and Attaching Hardware Part # TUH015-1770
- Hardware and heater mounting strap are made of Stainless Steel
Click Here For Step-By-Step
Instructions For Replacing Your Tuttnauer 2340M Heating Elements
Model This Part Fits:
Tuttnauer 2340M Autoclaves
Be sure your Tuttnauer 2340M Heater Element is defective before replacing it, by performing the following test:
How To Test The Tuttnauer 2340M Heater Element
This test consists of measuring the amount of resistance in the element. To do this, first, turn the Tuttnauer
autoclave off and unplug it from the wall
WARNING: CURRENT MUST NOT BE PRESENT WHEN MEASURING RESISTANCE.
Set your volt/ohm meter on 200 ohms (200 NOT 200k). The ohms range is located within the Ω (look for this symbol) section of your meter. It is also the
area with "k" ranges (ie: 2000k,. 200k, 20K and then 2000, 200)
Before Testing The Heating Elements, remove the two wires from the element so you do not get a false reading.
Place a probe from the volt/ohm meter on each terminal of the 2 terminals on the element (it really doesn't matter which color probe goes where for this test).
For the heating element to be good, it must fall within the resistance range in this table
( between 36.9 and 45.1 ohms If your reading is outside of this range, then it is defective and needs to be replaced.
||36.9 ↔ 45.1 ohms
Tuttnauer 2340M HEATING ELEMENTS SERVICE TIPS
When replacing heating elements, follow this helpful guideline to insure your installation is successful and heating like new
- When replacing a Heater, a burning smell may be present for several cycles. This is normal and does not indicate any malfunction of the new Heater.
- Current Heaters offered by AllClaveParts and Tuttnauer are designed to accommodate Safety Thermostats that use 3/16" diameter bulbs.
replacing the Heater band that mounts the Safety Thermostats to the Chamber, take a moment to measure the diameter of the Safety Thermostat bulbs.
If the bulbs are 1/8" diameter (original style), then replace them with the newer style 3/16" diameter bulbs to ensure proper contact to the
Chamber and the heater band.
- Make sure that the bulb for the automatic reset Safety Thermostat is installed in the lower groove of the Heater band, and that the bulb for
the manual reset thermostat is installed in the upper groove.
- When installing new Heater bands, tighten all bolts evenly until the band is
snug against the Chamber. Run the sterilizer through several test cycles and then re-tighten the hardware to ensure proper fit. Failing to
properly tighten Heater Bands can lead to premature failure.