OEM Part #002-0370-00
- Opens @ 295 ±7°F Temp Rise; Closes @ 240 ±12°F
- Automatic reset
Fits: Bracket that mounts to under side of chamber
Model This Part Fits: Midmark M7 Autoclaves
Overheat Thermostat Removal / Installation
Always unplug the power cord from the wall outlet before removing any of the sterilizers cover / panels or making any repairs to prevent the possibility of electrical shock. Failure to comply with these instructions could result in severe personal injury or death.
- Disconnect power cord from wall outlet.
- Unscrew drain (1, Figure 4-9) and drain all water from condensing tank.
- Remove wire rack and trays (Refer to para 4.20).
- Lay unit onto its side.
- Remove two screws (2) and inspection cover (3) from base (4).
- Taking care not to kink rod (5), flex rod and remove it from rocker bracket (6).
- NOTE: Only units with Serial Numbers CS5297 & RB14565 Thru Present also have auto-reset overheat thermostats.
- If removing manual reset overheat thermostat (8A), tag and disconnect two wires (7A) from terminals of overheat thermostat (8A). If removing auto-reset overheat thermostat (8B), tag and disconnect two wires (7B) from terminals of overheat thermostat (8B).
- Loosen two nuts (9) and partially separate bracket (10) from chamber wall (11).
- Remove overheat thermostat (8A or 8B) from bracket (10).
- Install manual reset overheat thermostat (8A)or auto-reset overheat thermostat (8B) on bracket (10).
- CAUTION Hold heating element firmly in position while tightening nuts. Otherwise, damage to heating element or improper positioning of heating element may result. Also, spacer must remain above gaskets. If spacer is installed under gasket, leaking will result.
- Position bracket (10) on chamber wall (11) and secure by tightening two nuts (9), making sure spacer (inside of chamber) is positioned under heating element properly.
- Connect two wires (7A) to terminals of manual reset overheat thermostat (8A) or connect two wires (7B) to terminals of auto-reset overheat thermostat (8B).
- Taking care not to kink rod (5), flex rod and insert it into rocker bracket (6).
- Install inspection cover (3) on base (4) and secure with two screws (2).
- Turn unit upright.
- Install wire rack and trays (Refer to para 4.20).
- Tighten drain (1).
- Connect power cord to wall outlet.
- Fill condensing tank with distilled or demineralized water.