OEM Part #004108
- Rated: Open between 220° F and 350° F; Factory set at 295˚ F.
- Includes thermostat, and (2) terminal screw
Pelton Crane OCM Heating Element
Model This Part Fits:
Pelton Crane OCM Autoclave
The Overheat Thermostat Is Located on The Heating Element (Or The Heating Element Bracket).
Whenever changing heating elements, change the Overheat Thermostat at the same time.
How To Set The Pelton Crane OCM Overheat Thermostat
Although the Pelton Crane OCM Overheat Thermostat Is Pre-set at the factory, sometimes they need to be
re-adjusted after you receive it. If this happens, proceed as follows:
- After installing the Overheat Thermostat, run a 15 amp AC ammeter in power supply line. As alternate, run a 120-volt voltmeter
across the center heating element terminals.
- Starting from a cold condition, run a normal autoclaving cycle
- Remove temperature control knob on front of machine and rotate shaft to maximum position (turn clockwise)
- Current should be on when machine is at 270°F (27 PSI). If not, turn adjustment screw in overheat
thermostat switch counter-clockwise to restore current. Safety valve should have released if pressure
goes to 35 PSI
CAUTION - DANGEROUS IF PRESSURE EXCEEDS 35 PSI
- At 270°F (27 PSI) turn screw clockwise until current is off (0 reading on meter used in #1 above).
Then carefully turn screw counterclockwise until current starts up. Setting is now proper for switch if
autoclave was started cold.
- The switch is now set and needs no further adjustment. Return to the temperature control shaft (#3 above),
turning it counter-clockwise until it is set at 270°F (27 PSI). The knob can now be replaced.
- See the service manual for furthr adjusting instructions if needed
The Pelton Crane OCM Autoclave Repair Is Now Complete
"Pelton Crane OCM Autoclave Repair Made Simple™"