OEM Part #004108
- Rated: Open between 220° F and 350° F; Factory set at 295Ëš F.
- Includes thermostat, and (2) terminal screw
Fits: Pelton Crane OCM Heating Element
Model This Part Fits: Pelton Crane OCM Autoclave
The Overheat Thermostat Is Located on The Heating Element (Or The Heating Element Bracket).
Tech Tip: Whenever changing heating elements, change the Overheat Thermostat at the same time.
How To Set The Pelton Crane OCM Overheat Thermostat
Although the Pelton Crane OCM Overheat Thermostat Is Pre-set at the factory, sometimes they need to be re-adjusted after you receive it. If this happens, proceed as follows:
- After installing the Overheat Thermostat, run a 15 amp AC ammeter in power supply line. As alternate, run a 120-volt voltmeter across the center heating element terminals.
- Starting from a cold condition, run a normal autoclaving cycle
- Remove temperature control knob on front of machine and rotate shaft to maximum position (turn clockwise)
- Current should be on when machine is at 270°F (27 PSI). If not, turn adjustment screw in overheat thermostat switch counter-clockwise to restore current. Safety valve should have released if pressure goes to 35 PSI
- At 270°F (27 PSI) turn screw clockwise until current is off (0 reading on meter used in #1 above). Then carefully turn screw counterclockwise until current starts up. Setting is now proper for switch if autoclave was started cold.
- The switch is now set and needs no further adjustment. Return to the temperature control shaft (#3 above), turning it counter-clockwise until it is set at 270°F (27 PSI). The knob can now be replaced.
- See the service manual for furthr adjusting instructions if needed
The Pelton Crane OCM Autoclave Repair Is Now Complete
"Pelton Crane OCM Autoclave Repair Made Simple™"